Wednesday 9 May 2012

Review: Collection 2000 Shimmer Shades

Collection 2000 Shimmer Shades (£4.19) Boots/ Superdurg

Yes! I'm back with a haul. I popped into Superdrug today and saw that make-up was on 3 for 2 (mix and match all the brands) so I couldn't just ignore it, I had to go in. There were things I was going to get from Boots so I thought I'd also save myself money.

The first item is the Collection 2000 shimmer shades in way to glow. It is a multi purpose highlighter and bronzer in one compact, with the aim to give a 'subtle glow' to the face. 

There are four individual colours in the palette, a champagne, a rosy pink, a golden bronze and a pinky brown shade. They are all shimmery, soft and easy to blend onto the skin. They are not highly pigmented but this is something I wouldn't want from a highlighter/ bronzer, I'd rather it give a subtle glow like its meant to. They are shimmery with a some glitter but this is fine and not chunky at all which is always good.
The packaging is quite thick and sturdy which is always good if its in a make-up bag as it's less likely to get smashed. The shades are pressed firmly into the pan and they are soft to touch.
I'm quite excited to use the product and might even use the shades on my eyes as I'm sure they'd make a great eyeshadow too. I'll also use it with my Real Techniques Blusher Brush or the Real Techniques contour blush to put the highlight on my cheeks.

The product retails at £4.19 which I think is a great price for a highlighting and bronzing product. I'd really recommend this product, especially for the summer months (if the sun decides to come out). I also have the 'Blushalicious' palette in the Shimmer Shades range which is really nice aswell.


I hope you enjoy this review and go and enjoy the Superdrug 3 for 2 ;)

ox

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to write something here - I read and appreciate all the comments I receive. I will try and reply to each message ASAP!
Thank you for taking the time to read my blog! :)